Cryptograms are a type of puzzle that involves encrypted text. The text is encrypted by replacing each letter with a different letter, symbol, or number. The goal is to decrypt the text by figuring out the replacement letter for each letter in the puzzle.
So, you want to download the Enigma – Cryptograms for PC and install it now. But do you know the technical specifications of it? Why not get to know them before discussing installation steps?
Enigma – Cryptograms Andorid App Summary
The Enigma – Cryptograms is listed under the Puzzle category on Google Play store from where you can download it on your Android phone. The name of the developer of the Enigma – Cryptograms is EC Software Consulting. The current version of Enigma – Cryptograms is 3.04.00 with a total user count of 4248 and an overall user rating of 4.4.
Dec 10, 2017 was the last date the Enigma – Cryptograms was updated on Google Play Store. You can install it on your computer only by using an Emulator. The most common and safest emulators for PC are NOX player, BlueStacks, and Memu Emulator to install it on PC.
We have included the installation process and everything you need to know in this article. Follow along as we go through them step by step
How To Install & Download Enigma – Cryptograms For PC Windows 10/8/7
NOX player is an Android emulator that will help you run the Enigma – Cryptograms on your PC. Follow the guide below that will walk you through the process of downloading and installing it:
- First, you have to install NOX playeron your computer that will create the environment for the Enigma – Cryptograms to run on your computer.
- To install NOX player on your computer, you need to download it from the NOX website. Go ahead and do that first.
- Now, locate the installation file in your download folder and double click on it to start the installation.
- Once installed, skip the tutorials, and navigate to the Play store icon on the top of the homepage.
- Click on the store icon and here you have to log into your Play store account (Google account)
- After logging in, click on the search bar and search for Enigma – Cryptograms. You’ll see it pop in the first position.
- There will be an Install button alongside. Go ahead and click on that and start downloading the Enigma – Cryptograms on your PC.
- Nox Player will do the rest and get the Enigma – Cryptograms on your computer. You can now use it as you do on your phone.
|App Name:||Enigma – Cryptograms On Your PC|
|Devoloper Name:||EC Software Consulting|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Dec 10, 2017|
|Get it On:|
Enigma – Cryptograms App Overview and Details
Dust off your old decoder ring and sharpen your code breaking skills.
Solve cryptograms with Enigma using patterns, letter frequencies, and common sense as you attempt to break the code.
There are over 2,200 puzzles included with more coming in future updates. (I’m typing as fast as I can…)
A Trial Version is available too.
What is a cryptogram?
A cryptogram is a block of text that has been encrypted using a “substitution cipher”. In a substitution cipher, each letter is replaced with a different one.
All letters A are changed to the letter Q.
All letters B are changed to the letter R.
This mapping of letters is different for each game.
Using patterns, letter frequencies, and common sense you attempt to determine the letter for which each of the encrypted letters stands.
The application provides several features to help you if you get stuck.
– On-Screen Navigation – Use the on-screen directional arrows to move around. Helpful if you don’t have a d-pad or trackball.
– Pressing Space or Delete will clear the current letter.
– Save Game – You can save your game and come back to it if you need a break.
– Show/Hide Source – The source of the quote/text block is hidden by default. This hint will expose the source for you and hide it again to open up more screen space.
– Show Letter – When you really get stuck, this will expose the letter of your choice in the cryptogram.
– Show Puzzle – When all hope is lost, this will show you the answer to the puzzle you’ve been working on.
– Letter Frequency Table – Shows you the number of times a coded letter appears in the text.
– Used Letters – Shows in the keyboard display which letters are used and still available.
– Showing Duplicates – Duplicate letters are shown as italicized. So, if you enter the same letter for two different codes, Enigma will show all occurrences of that entered letter italicized.
– If you complete the puzzle without using the “Show Puzzle” option, you will be given the opportunity to email the quote to yourself or someone else.
Enigma can be customized to your personal tastes by choosing the Preferences menu item and selecting the appropriate options.
Select from different color schemes. Feel free to contact me with suggestions for more.
– Original – Reminiscent of the old green screen monitors.
– The Blues – Blue is the basis of this color scheme.
– Scarlet Letters – Deep reds make this a pleasing choice.
– Black, White, and Read All Over – A simple black and white color scheme.
Select from different Font sizes. This can be very helpful on tablets where you might want the puzzle to take up more room and be easier to manage.
– Small – Useful for smaller devices.
– Medium – The original size and still the default.
– Large – Tablets will work well with this or the next size up.
– Extra-Large – Tablets will work well with this or the next size down.
Next Letter Preference
After entering a letter the focus will change based on your choice from the following options:
– Don’t advance to the next letter. (Current/Default Behavior)
– Advance to the next letter.*
– Advance to the next empty letter.*
* When at the end of the puzzle, it won’t wrap to the beginning.
Select from different keyboard styles.
– Normal Keyboard – This is the traditional QWERTY keyboard.
– Gallery Keyboard – The Gallery Keyboard works by listing the letters in a gallery display such that you fling them left or right to choose the letter you want to place.
Features of Enigma – Cryptograms for PC
the help of the Show Puzzle button, your time will be recorded and added to the Leaderboard.
Whats New In this Enigma – Cryptograms?
Adding more puzzles! Now there are over 2200! Yep, more than 200 new quotes.
Cryptograms are a fun way to pass the time and to challenge your mind. This application provides a great variety of puzzles to keep you entertained for hours. The puzzles are well-made and provide a good level of difficulty. The application is easy to use and is great for both beginners and experts. I highly recommend this application for anyone who loves a good challenge.
As we conclude the guide and you get to use the Enigma – Cryptograms on your PC, we’re open to your questions. The comment box is open for you to ask for assistance if you need any.
We refer the ownership of This Enigma – Cryptograms to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Enigma – Cryptograms and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at pcappsreview, we also don’t use our own server to download the Enigma – Cryptograms. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Enigma – Cryptograms.
If you have any query about the app or about pcappsreview, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.