Basel AR is the world’s first citywide augmented reality (AR) system. The system, which is based on the city’s existing infrastructure, uses a network of sensors and cameras to track the location of users and overlay digital content onto the real-world environment. Basel AR is designed to make it easier for residents and visitors to find their way around the city, as well as to provide information about local attractions, businesses, and events. The system is also being used to promote tourism and economic development in the Basel region.
Our goal is to help you get the Basel AR for PC and install it on Windows. Before we do that, don’t you want to know its technical specifications? They go like this:
Basel AR Andorid App Summary
The developer of the Basel AR is FHNW – Institut Geomatik and they’ve done a great job at keeping Basel AR simple yet highly interactive. You can find the Basel AR under Maps & Navigation of Play Store. Basel AR’s latest version is 1.01 with an impressive user base of over 227. Besides, the overall user rating of 0.0 shows how people love Basel AR.
If you’re wondering if it’s updated or not, the latest update date of the Basel AR is Dec 11, 2018 with all the latest features you need. Using it on your PC will require using an Android Emulator like BlueStacks, Nox player, or Memu.
We’ll include the guides that you can follow to install the Basel AR on your computer using the best emulator in this article. Follow along:
Basel AR App Overview and Details
With Basel AR you can extend the official city map of Basel with various geodata. Rediscover the city map and superimpose it with orthophotos, historical maps, cycle routes, the public transport network or the 3D city model. An address search also allows you to find and display places on the printed city map.
Basel AR works with the official city map of Basel. Visit MapBS and print out your desired section of the city as an ImageTarget. Please note that only the representation of the city map in scales from 1:3’500 to 1:10’000 will work.
This application was developed in cooperation between the Grundbuch- and Vermessungsamt of the Canton of Basel-Stadt and the Institute of Geomatics of the University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland.
Basel AR is optimized for use with smartphones with screen aspect ratios of 16:9 and larger.
Bau- und Verkehrsdepartement
Grundbuch- und Vermessungsamt
Phone: +41 61 267 92 85
Mail: [email protected]
Hochschule für Bau, Architektur und Geomatik
Institut Geomatik IGEO
Phone: +41 61 228 55 55
Mail: [email protected]
Features of Basel AR for PC
1. Basel AR allows you to extend the official city map of Basel with various geodata.
2. Basel AR works with the official city map of Basel.
3. You can print out the desired section of the city as an ImageTarget.
4. Basel AR is optimized for use with smartphones with screen aspect ratios of 16:9 and larger.
5. The publisher of Basel AR is the Canton of Basel-Stadt.
6. The development of Basel AR was done in cooperation between the Grundbuch- und Vermessungsamt of the Canton of Basel-Stadt and the Institute of Geomatics of the University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland.
7. Basel AR is available in the Google Play Store and the App Store.
8. Basel AR has a rating of 4.5 stars on the Google Play Store.
9. Basel AR has a rating of 5 stars on the App Store.
10. Basel AR is currently only available in German.
Whats New In this Basel AR?
Download & Install Basel AR For PC: Windows 10/8/7
Let’s download and install the Basel AR app on PC using the Nox Player android emulator. There are a few steps to get this done as mentioned below:
- Start by downloading the Nox emulator for your PC from their official website. You can find it in your downloads folder.
- Double click on the downloaded file, accept the permissions and install Nox player on your computer.
- Open the Nox Player and locate the Play Store app and log into your Google account using your credentials.
- Click on the search bar and type for the Basel AR app. You’ll see it in the first result from where you can install it.
- After clicking the install button, the Basel AR will start downloading on your computer, then install.
- Once installed, you can now locate the installed Basel AR on Nox player homepage or your desktop. Use it from there.
|App Name:||Basel AR On Your PC|
|Devoloper Name:||FHNW – Institut Geomatik|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Maps & Navigation|
|Updated on:||Dec 11, 2018|
|Get it On:|
Basel AR is a revolutionary application that has the potential to completely change the way we interact with the world around us. It allows us to view and interact with our surroundings in a completely new way, and has the potential to revolutionize the way we live our lives. Basel AR is the future, and I can’t wait to see what else it has in store for us.
Did you love the guide and be able to download and install the Basel AR for PC? Don’t forget to ask if you want more info about the emulator, the Basel AR, or the steps altogether.
We refer the ownership of This Basel AR to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Basel AR and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at pcappsreview, we also don’t use our own server to download the Basel AR. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Basel AR.
If you have any query about the app or about pcappsreview, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.